Fort Caspar
Fort Caspar, replica of portion of the Guinard Bridge. Location: This is a City of Casper Park and a National Register Place consisting of the reconstructed fort. It is located on the west side of Casper in a bend of the North Platte River. It can be reached by traveling south on Wyoming Boulevard for 1.6 miles from its junction in the town of Mills with Highway 20-26. Fort Caspar lies just to the right (west) of the junction of Wyoming Boulevard and 13th Street.

WagonHistory: Trader Louis Guinard constructed a sturdy toll bridge across the North Platte River here in 1859 with the first emigrants using it in 1860. He also established a log trading post on the south side of the river. The post was also used as a stage stop and a Pony Express Station. Emigrants who crossed to the north side of the river here followed the northern variation, generally considered the primary route of the Oregon Trail. Their next landmark was Emigrant Gap (Stop No. 9), while those who followed the south side of the river crossed at Bessemer Bend (Stop No. 8).